My preparation for editing your book
Nancy Breuer, M.A., Principal, Clear Magic LLC
Extensive background in book editing, business writing, and healthcare communications, with a strong commitment to continuous learning.
Business writing coaching
- Creator of successful business writing workshops for corporate clients, 1997-2015.
- Facilitator for Better Communications (www.bettercom.com). Business writing workshops and private coaching in writing skills, 2007-2014.
- Senior blogger on business writing for Better Communications, 2014 to present.
Writing for corporate and not-for-profit clients: sample projects
- Website text on HIV and employment for HIV.gov, a Website of the Department of Labor, spring 2012. Co-written with subject matter expert Mark Misrok, M.A.; edited and posted by co-directors of Job Accommodation Network, a program of the Department of Labor.
- Course co-developer with Michele Kofman, Ph.D. and facilitator co-trainer, Gilead Sciences, Beyond the Diagnosis, theater-based curriculum project for patients, premiered April 2009.
- Course co-developer with Michele Kofman, Ph.D. and facilitator co-trainer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Project T.A.L.K, modular curriculum on helping people change health behaviors, released October 2007.
- Curriculum writer and trainer of facilitators for Hollywood Supports, entertainment industry HIV education organization. Wrote 40-hour curriculum and trained 92 facilitators, 1992-1995. Program served more than 25,000 employees in the United States.
- Curriculum writer, AIDS in the Workplace seminar (Working toward Understanding) for the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in Geneva, Switzerland, 1989. Seminar in use by 20 countries by 1991.
- Editor for communications, the American Society for Training and Development (now ATD), Los Angeles, 2003-2010. Received distinguished service awards from the chapter in 2005, 2006 and 2007, and the lifetime award in 2008.
- Silver medal, International Film and Video Festival, Chicago, April 1998 (The Positive Workplace: Managing HIV at Work)
- PRO Award for Outstanding public service campaign of 1993, “Help is Very Near,” Los Angeles Publicity Club, 1993. Four public service announcements recorded by Shirley MacLaine, Liza Minnelli, Tom Goodman, Wynton Marsalis, Clint Black, Miss America 1993, Billy Joel and others for AIDS Project Los Angeles.
- Bronze medal, medical category, International Film and Video Festival, Chicago, April 1992. (Loving Well: Caring for the HIV-Positive Child)
- B.A. cum laude, Middlebury College, in American Studies
- M.A., Fuller Theological Seminary, in theology and management
- Certificate, California State University , in Management and Quality Improvement in Multicultural Work Environments
- Certificate from Multi-Health Systems in administration and interpretation of the EQ-i, a leading assessment of emotional intelligence